Crab Destruction

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaltMan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SaltMan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
54
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this crab and my cuc of smaller blue leg hermit crabs are slowly disappearing. I wonder if this guy is eating them as I find empty shells on the sandbed. His leg span is about 2”.
crab.JPG
 
Thanks for the ID and he is growing. Anyone have best thoughts on how to catch him without taking my rockwork apart? Maybe in a glass with food or something, I wonder if he will go in there and can't get out?
 
I have done this when I had an issue with a particular damsel, I never caught the damsel but my shrimps wound up going in there...so it should work

something strong smelling to its attention should be good for bait. Maybe some frozen shrimp or something. I would also Install it when the lights are out
 
I just put a glass with some pellet food with the lights out and I caught him in about two minutes, he went straight for it! Wow thanks for the tip and I'm happy to get him out of there, I threw him in the fuge in time out lol.
 
I just put a glass with some pellet food with the lights out and I caught him in about two minutes, he went straight for it! Wow thanks for the tip and I'm happy to get him out of there, I threw him in the fuge in time out lol.
Good snag!
 
I just put a glass with some pellet food with the lights out and I caught him in about two minutes, he went straight for it! Wow thanks for the tip and I'm happy to get him out of there, I threw him in the fuge in time out lol.

That is exactly how to catch him
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new