OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
King Kong Crabby. I keep telling him he's a vegetarian, but he insists on trying to eat the foxface. *eyeroll*
20200531_154851~2.jpg
I see the King Kong beating chest action. Nice red coloring!

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my two, The blue leg is Hermes and has been with me since I started (first saltwater creature I ever kept). On top of him is Apollo my scarlet hermit crab. I only have a 13.5 gallon so between these two and my blood shrimp I'm almost maxed out- I think a pom pom crab will be my last non coral addition. Sorry about the pic- I saw them like this and rushed for my phone- moment didn't last long. ;Hilarious
IMG_0647.jpg

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was watching my Reef tank yesterday evening and I see something that gave me a chuckle.
Imagine a dwarf red tip hermit as an apex predator like a lion and an amphipod as something like a gazelle or zebra.

So the amphipod is just moving along doing what they do and got close to the hermit. The hermit makes a few quick moves in it’s direction as if trying to catch and eat it. All of a sudden the amphipod flops onto its side and is treading water trying to paddle away very clumsily. It finally gets it's footing and zooms away but I’ve got this image like the Discovery channel in the African safari.

Maybe next time you killer crab!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took this, I couldn't find the better pics, my sump monster, my lfs was given this to put in a sump by the wholesaler as no one could identify it so I took it, I have narrowed it down to some type of spider crab, I've had it for a few months now, it appears to be an algae eater. :)

DSC_0010 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took this, I couldn't find the better pics, my sump monster, my lfs was given this to put in a sump by the wholesaler as no one could identify it so I took it, I have narrowed it down to some type of spider crab, I've had it for a few months now, it appears to be an algae eater. :)

DSC_0010 (1024x683).jpg
I could use a sump crab or 3.

Redland Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_0010 (1024x683).jpg
Looks like a decorator crab. There's a ton of them here around the Florida keys.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%

Back