Crabs and Rocks from the ocean?

jackmerius27

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small mantis shrimp that loves to eat little crabs like emeralds and such, I am going to college in Santa Barbara so I am three blocks from the ocean. It would be nice if instead of spending money on the crabs from the store I could just go find them at the beach. Would this be okay in terms of introducing species to the tank? Could I just throw them in a bucket and treat it? Any suggestions?
 
yes. but look into the local laws on harvesting. It a healthier diet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new