Cramped Acanthophyllia = issue?

Ryebreadiest

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
495
Reaction score
370
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at picking up a beautiful and huge Acanthophylia as a centerpiece, but it will only be able to inflate to about 6”x8” in the spot I have picked out while it seems to be nearly 10”x10” when given infinite room. Is this a problem long term? Should I look for a smaller one?
 
This post may create a new division of the "Tank Police?"

I'd pass an look for a smaller one, but have not dealt with this situation myself with an acantho. Following.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new