Craziest thing ive seen in a store

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
665
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought i would post this since it is the biggest starfish i have seen in person before. Located at Rivers to Reefs aquarium store in Columbus Ohio. Picture doesnt do it justice, this thing is about the size of my head.
IMG_6086.jpeg
 
Anybody know what type this starfish is exactly? I think its a pillow star.
 
I think its a pillow star.
Not sure what kind of star it is, but that would certainly be a fitting name! It looks like it would be an excellent pillow. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
As mentioned above phallic and definitely careful googling. That said, the name is more a descriptor as my guess is it’s likely Choriaster granulatus which is most commonly referred to as that type of star.
 
Anybody ever taken care of a starfish this big? I would have to imagine it requires a massive tank like pool size.
 
Anybody ever taken care of a starfish this big? I would have to imagine it requires a massive tank like pool size.
If you want a starfish get the smart ones that know how to read the glass:
IMG_4641.jpeg

I saw these at ReefLounge and was impressed how they knew where they belonged. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::cool:
 
If you want a starfish get the smart ones that know how to read the glass:
IMG_4641.jpeg

I saw these at ReefLounge and was impressed how they knew where they belonged. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::cool:
Thats so sick, i just recently bought a sandsifting star to fill my wanting for one. I know they dont do well in tank but i figured it would be a better life if i took it then in a store.
 
If you want a starfish get the smart ones that know how to read the glass:
IMG_4641.jpeg

I saw these at ReefLounge and was impressed how they knew where they belonged. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::cool:
Never relized starfish were such passionate lovers!! How about some privacy??!!
1000030046.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new