CRAZY Anemone Hermit crab

MauiAnglerReef

I Love Frogfish
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
499
Reaction score
414
Location
Maui, HI
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found 3 of these awesome crabs in the tide pools @ Maalaea, some of the coolest creatures I’ve ever seen
20251203_142721_6E31D1BA-DC5A-43ED-B4A1-F90DC53F54BF.png
 
It will eat anything that it can get their hands on by the way - very voracious hermit crab. I used to have one the size of a softball that I caught as well - it would climb up a rock to jump over the cliff to land on fishes it wanted to eat!
 
It will eat anything that it can get their hands on by the way - very voracious hermit crab. I used to have one the size of a softball that I caught as well - it would climb up a rock to jump over the cliff to land on fishes it wanted to eat!
Really? That’s crazy. A softball sized hermit crab is something I have never seen before. I hope this one doesn’t attack anything in my tank, so far he’s left sushi alone
 
Wow that is a vicious looking crab! Never seen one like that before!
 
Those are really cool crabs! Don't see them often
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new