Cream of the Cube

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SWEEEEET- that about sums it up. Im almost regretting going with a sand bottom now.
I love the setup in the basement! too bad I live on a concrete slab.... now all we need are MORE PICS!!! :wink:

Last edited:

ReefCycle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Andon! I will be joining the group of basement sumpers soon. I will actually be building my fish cave in basement soon and cant wait! Love the progress and love the setup. Painting the pvc is classic! I love gray schedule 80 plumbing look. Ill have to check it out in person soon bro!
Mike

OP
OP
ReAVeR

ReAVeR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Well you helped a bit on the final decision on going BB. I have some sand put away in case I change my mind but so far I like it.

Really looking forward to coralline growth. Not sure if I'll encrust montis but definitely zoas and palys.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356134555.410979.jpg

Please excuse the crappy iPhone pic. With two hydor 550s in this 20 Lon I'm pretty sure dirt is long gone.

Nice man, I like it too I'd leave it. I like the zoa/paly look as well

SWEEEEET- that about sums it up. Im almost regretting going with a sand bottom now.
I love the setup in the basement! too bad I live on a concrete slab.... now all we need are MORE PICS!!! :wink:

:laugh: thank you. How deep is your bed? It's very nice being able to have headroom over the sump. My water changes are going to be very easy too. I am running waste water out the front door, and the sump is five feet away from my 55 gallon drums so no more hauling buckets!

OP
OP
ReAVeR

ReAVeR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Andon! I will be joining the group of basement sumpers soon. I will actually be building my fish cave in basement soon and cant wait! Love the progress and love the setup. Painting the pvc is classic! I love gray schedule 80 plumbing look. Ill have to check it out in person soon bro!
Mike

thanks Mike I appreciate it. Ah the house has a basement? Sweet! Can't wait to help you with it.

OP
OP
ReAVeR

ReAVeR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive added other corals to the tank. Looking to trade them for new SPS.

Here are two shots I took today.

Front tank shot
FirstFrontTank0.jpg

MaleWFront0.jpg

My friend/co worker Felicia takes great pictures. Some of my livestock can be seen here : Andon G. Aquariums - a set on Flickr
Im going to have her over soon to update it.​

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking good. It will be great to see how it progresses.

Last edited:

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:laugh: thank you. How deep is your bed? It's very nice being able to have headroom over the sump. My water changes are going to be very easy too. I am running waste water out the front door, and the sump is five feet away from my 55 gallon drums so no more hauling buckets!
Sounds cool! My sand bed is only 1/2 inch- 3/4 inch deep, and keep it stirred up-- I blow rocks off everyday and I blow the sand a little too, probably wouldnt caus problems if I removed the sand, your tank (among others) has just about convinced me to take mine out

OP
OP
ReAVeR

ReAVeR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds cool! My sand bed is only 1/2 inch- 3/4 inch deep, and keep it stirred up-- I blow rocks off everyday and I blow the sand a little too, probably wouldnt caus problems if I removed the sand, your tank (among others) has just about convinced me to take mine out

Nice man. But yeah, since it seems you've got some flow going through there it would be much easier on you to just suck it out. You should be getting paid for daily manual labor haha. But keep me posted man, interested to see what you do.

OP
OP
ReAVeR

ReAVeR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ReAVeR

ReAVeR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LIGHT FIXTURE

My fixture is very unique. Because I didn't elaborate on it before, I figure I'd do so now to give thanks where needed.

SPECS:
30"X30" Sunlight Supply Luxor Reflector
400W Verticle Radium halide
8" Air Cool feature

I've been working with the guys at Garden Indoors in Bristol, PA for several years now. Chris and Dan are two really real dudes. Upon walking in to get an adapter for my ballast, Dan told me about an amazing new fixture that had just been brought in. They constructed an intricate piece of equipment and are in the process of selling it to Sunlight Supply. Because of this, Sunlight sent Chris & Dan two pallets of merchandise as a token of appreciation. On it, was this fixture.

So Dan walks me to the back of the warehouse, and I immediately had to lift my jaw off the ground.

FixBox0.jpg
FixBoxBucket0.jpg
FixBoxHand0.jpg

He knew how hard I had been working on this tank, and knew there was no fixture like this on anyone's aquarium in the world. Because of this, he told me if I could incorporate it, I could have it. :thumb:

The bulb hangs vertically, another feature I haven't seen in this trade yet. The spread is absolutely perfect. Although I haven't had access to a PAR meter yet, the spread appears to be absolutely perfect. The 3" on ever side allows rooms for my Reefbrites and t5's, it couldn't have been more perfect.... The reflector is German made, and is absolutely stunning. It also incorporates thumb screws to remove the glass shield, with catches on the side for very easy bulb removal.

Luxor - 8" Reflector | Sunlight Supply, Inc. - Indoor Gardening Supplies, Grow Lights, Hydroponics, and Lighting

So again, big shout to Chris & Dan at Garden Indoors LLC in Bristol, PA for hooking me up.
Garden Indoors | Hydroponics, Grow Lights and More!
E-mail: [email protected]

OP
OP
ReAVeR

ReAVeR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the course of the last few weeks, I've acquired some new livestock. They are highlighted in bold. Pics to come.

WRASSE
Flame (Cirrhilabrus Jordani)
Scotts (Cirrhilabrus Scottorum)
Pulauweh (Cirrhilabrus Joanallenae)
Hooded (Cirrhilabrus Bathyphilus)
Labout's (Cirrhilabrus Laboutei)
Eightline Flasher (Paracheilinus Octotaenia)
Line Spot (Paracheilinus Lineopunctatus)

ACROPORA
ORA Chips
ORA Red Planet
ORA Cali Tort
Tyree Blue Lightening Horrida
Tyree Red Dragon
PC Rainbow
Strawberry Shortcake
PC Superman
30K Leagues Lokani
Coolers Champagne
ATL Shades of Fall
Tyree Pink Lemonade

MONTIPORA
Tyree True Undata
Tyree Sunset
Emma's Jedi Mind Trick
UWW Rainbow Starburst
ATL Appleberry
WWC Superman
WWC Northern Lights
DFS Mandarin Setosa
DFS Electric Grape
Chili Pepper
Reeftech Starburst

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking so far, I'm curious about par also. I'm sure it will be great though!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes pics!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back