Create your own natural nutrient control! How do you grow Chaeto?

How do you grow chaeto? (select all that apply)

  • Stand-alone refugium

    Votes: 54 14.8%
  • Algae Reactor

    Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Sump chamber

    Votes: 161 44.0%
  • In display tank

    Votes: 14 3.8%
  • I don't currently grow Chaeto

    Votes: 80 21.9%
  • I have never grown Chaeto

    Votes: 68 18.6%
  • Other

    Votes: 9 2.5%

  • Total voters
    366
Light, powerhead?marinepure?
I am running and old Fluval planted aquarium light and a soccer nano voyager power head on my sup. Seems to be growing about 4 different macros as well as some turf algae. My AIO had a Kessil Tuna blue and a Jabeo wavemaker.

IMG_0578.jpeg
 
My cheto died of starvation when it achieved its purpose.
I had cheato for some time. I kept it in the refugium, that is a chamber in my sump. The water flow would rotate it and I had 4 leds of 3W each. The light was on at night. It worked perfectly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new