Creating an offset so fans come on before chiller?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2018
Messages
1,767
Reaction score
2,071
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have my chiller and fan set up correctly (seems to be working fine) but since the hysteresis is within the probe itself, I'm not sure how to offset it. Currently, both the fans and chiller will turn on after a .3 rise in temp. But I'd like my fans to be closer to .2 so they turn on before.

How would I go about this?

Capture2.JPG






Capture.JPG
 
Actually, now that I think about it... the fans should be like .5 and the chiller closer to 1.3... but same question i suppose
 
Last edited:
I believe you want to use hysterysis for the chiller and the temp probe as a routine to control the fans, when the temp is between 2 values.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new