Creating New Zoa Morphs

HighDefAquaria

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2025
Messages
68
Reaction score
70
Location
404 Brook pl unit D wolfforth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently watched a video in which Victor from WWC mentioned that growing zoanthids on top of one another can potentially result in new color morphs. I was curious if anyone here has had firsthand experience with this.

I’m interested in experimenting myself—for example, mixing Rastas with Bowsers. It seems like a fun project, and I’d appreciate any feedback or insights you may have.
 
I’ve had plenty of various zoas grow into/over each other and have never experienced any morphing. One will inevitably win out and overtake the rest.
This has been my understanding. I just assume that if an OG like victor says it there must be some level of validity to it.
 
theres so many of them that theres probably a few undescribed species in there. Maybe it takes quite specific combinations for them to affect each other somehow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new