Creating sunlit seascapes: Do you use sunlight for your macroalgae?

Do you use sunlight for your macroalgae?

  • I currently have some sunlight on my macroalgae tank.

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • I have had some sunlight on my macroalgae tank in the past.

    Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae, but I do currently have sunlight on my reef tank.

    Votes: 29 19.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae, but I have had some sunlight on my reef tank in the past.

    Votes: 26 17.0%
  • I have never had sunlight on my tanks.

    Votes: 72 47.1%
  • Other.

    Votes: 11 7.2%

  • Total voters
    153
I am about to let some sunlight in, mostly indirect, to see if I can grow some macro algae. I thought I would start with some of the types that grow on pontoons and jettys that I can collect myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new