Cree XE-G LEDs

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using cree XE-G LEDs?
Heres the data sheet
Going to replace all my violets with the xe-g violets to start and see how they go. Probably run them at 1500ma.
Might have to try and built a A6211 driver them.
Chris

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope but interested in seeing layouts. Looks like a hybrid of Luxeon Z and Luxeon Rubix.

Running at those higher powers thermals start to matter a lot especially when the boards get densely packed. If you’re packing them in close it’s starts to warrant the direct thermal path MPCBs.

OP
OP
S

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah heart is a big concern. ATM I'm only using single 20mm stars with direct thermal path. But the heatsink is the makersHEATSINK slim so going to be a challenge. There is a few temp sensors attached so will be interesting to see how high they can be driven.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took another look at these and there are a few very interesting options, like PC Cyan (Blue with lots of bleed up) and PC Blue (which looks like mostly a royal blue with a little bit of phosphor up to green, but just a little).

1678513331809.png

1678513372429.png

Of course I just built something with a 1A limit in mind (and XE-Gs are still in the $2+ range vs $1 for the lower power Luxeon C), but this is an interesting option for reducing chip count at higher output.

The lack of a primary lens isn't too much of an issue if you're looking for wide dispersion.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back