Cristata/Pipe Organ Care

  • Thread starter Thread starter mjleffler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
69
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Just purchased a Blue Tip Cristata and Aussie Pipe Organ from the TSA live sale and didn’t have time to do research before buying as everything tends to go pretty quick! I was wondering if anyone who has kept either of these successfully could chime in about what conditions you've kept these two successfully (light, flow, feeding) and would be interested in seeing any pictures! I’m also wondering how aggressive either of them are in terms of what I can place them next to.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Thankin advance!

9512BA01-9069-498F-AAC2-EF737A969F2D.png CC83E179-3759-4387-93FE-ED477E09F5D7.png
 
Cristata I believe is same as you would treat a hammer or frogspawn. But I'd wait for someone else on that to confirm.

Here's a video for Pipe Organ.
 
Cristata just treat it as any other torch/hammer etc. They are pretty easy and content across a wide range of lighting and flow. The gold and purple one I have has been under quite a few lights under my care from stock biocube 32led then a fluval marine 3.0, AI Prime 16, and currently under AI Hydra 32s. And flow they've been anywhere from random flow zone into 2-3 ft down flow from my return nozzle.

PXL_20200901_202531610.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new