Critter ID

meganias123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2015
Messages
35
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
07a266a38c8b72aa54c877f932b98290.jpg

c300a48cc1ad6191beeb3b820a3201fe.jpg

93d04151eaea16dc580eccb78b43dd1a.jpg


I've been looking up several different descriptions of what this might be and can't find a definite answer.
It is tiny and skinny, no shell that I can see, just a general "slug" shape with two protruding "antennas"; it's body is a orange-red color. Oh, and there's quite a few in my tank, crawling on the glass, being swept away in the water column, crawling amongst the rock work... So an ID or idea would be helpful.
Thanks guys!

Tank livestock:
- 3 nassarius snails
- 2 astrea snails
- 3 nerite snails
- 100+ collonista snails
- 2 turbo snails
- 1 black stomatella snail
- 1 skunk cleaner shrimp
- 1 flame scallop
- 15 ish red/blue leg assorted hermit crabs
- 2 zoanthid corals, 1 octospawn, 1 acan, 2 blastos
- clown pair
- Lawnmower blenny
- bicolor blenny
- 2 baby sw mollies
- amphipods & copapods/phytoplankton/zooplankton
- bristle worms
- Asterina starfish (in sump)
- mini bristle starfish (tons of them)
... oh, and hair alage... x-x"
................. I think that's it.

It's been probably 5 months since I have added anything new to my aquarium.
 
Last edited:
Could be a Vayssierea sp.

Here's a link to more photos of them. Vayssierea.
 
Last edited:
The color makes my think it's a red flatworm, but it's hard to tell in the picture.
 
Yes! The Vayssierea was exactly how they looked... wow... tubeworm predator :o
I hadn't really seen them anywhere for weeks after I did a water change... They were everywhere before the water change and then they were nowhere to be seen. Its now been months and I haven't seen one. I wonder if my hermits or hundreds of mini starfish could have cleaned them up? I have 2 small feather dusters that I've had for a long time and they're still going strong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new