Critters in substrate?

IAmGroot420

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
11
Location
Sourhern California (Orange County)
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brand new to reefing here. Started my 1st saltwater tank 2 months ago. Started with Live Rock and added macro algae, 2 clown fish, conch’s, anemone, and two corals. 20 gallon tank.

I just noticed today small critters in substrate. They look shrimp like. One is green, a few white, and one orange like color. Any idea what these are? I attached a video to this thread
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6048.mov
    50.8 MB
I wasn’t able to view my video, so I attached photos
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6049.jpeg
    IMG_6049.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6050.jpeg
    IMG_6050.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6051.jpeg
    IMG_6051.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 27
The best for videos is to upload to YouTube and link it here. I can see your video but most people won’t.

Some look like bristle worms but one worm in particular looks like it has antennas so not sure what type of worm. Look up bristle worms and amphipods to start.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new