Crocea Clam in a Biocube?

Cooper32803

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
910
Reaction score
300
Location
Orlando, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if it can be done. My lighting is one 50/50 PC light and 2 Panorama Pro all Blue LED modules. Is that enough lighting to keep a crocea? My LFS is having a sale on them on Tuesday and wondering if I should get one. I also want to add a bubble tip nem to the tank. Is there a problem having the two of them in one tank? Also how mature should the tank be to get a clam? I will post my questions for the nem in the appropriate thread. Thanks in advance!
 
I had under less lights and it lived. In a biocube 29 with stock lights. I think you can do it.
 
Well not exactly stock... I took one PC out and added two blue LED modules.. So hopefully it is better lighting than just the stock lighting..
 
How old is the tank?

A little over 2 months.. I was asking because one of the stores around here was having a sale on them today, but didn't end up getting it as it seemed it may have been too risky for the clam... I will wait until I have a bigger tank with better lighting... Thanks anyways for all the info everyone!
 
FI you are experienced enough, and have a stable system, then you cna go for it. I agree with your choice, as clams can use up your calcium and alk fast in a nano.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new