Cross-country move

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mschmidt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Messages
18,613
Reaction score
39,734
Location
Bellingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For information, ideas, and another entry into the various giveaways here I ask the following question:

How would you move the following tanks and/or inhabitants across the country? (Baltimore, MD to Bellingham, WA)

5 foot 100g gallon
IMG_20240906_142118390_HDR.jpg


Normal 10 gallon
IMG_20240906_140956816.jpg


Normal 75 gallon
IMG_20240828_195719840_HDR.jpg
 
Keep the rock and plants in buckets with lids wet and sell or donate the rest of the livestock.
Tanks? Stands? I would move them dry or sell them and buy new l, preferably the latter. They are bulky and easily damaged.

If don’t have the energy to care for the livestock in the back of the station wagon and then rush to set up the tanks when I finally get to the destination, where I would be weary from traveling with the wife wanting to stop every 159 miles for coffee or convenience or lunch or…

Easy route is to start new after getting everything else settled in
 
Keep the rock and plants in buckets with lids wet and sell or donate the rest of the livestock.
Tanks? Stands? I would move them dry or sell them and buy new l, preferably the latter. They are bulky and easily damaged.

If don’t have the energy to care for the livestock in the back of the station wagon and then rush to set up the tanks when I finally get to the destination, where I would be weary from traveling with the wife wanting to stop every 159 miles for coffee or convenience or lunch or…

Easy route is to start new after getting everything else settled in
tough pill to swallow, getting rid of the livestock.

I will likely buy new tanks on the other end. but was puzzling next day air for the livestock.
 
Hate to say it, but I'm in agreement with starting over. You're going to be EXTREMELY busy over the coming weeks/months. And there's probably going to be some prep work you need to do at the new house prior to setting things back up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new