CR's Frag Shack

You don’t realize just how tiny your attic space is till you have to crawl on your belly to add bracing!!

ACFDCFB2-420E-4489-BC30-E1804071EF68.jpeg
 
I just spent the last month in my attic doing a wiring changeover. I hope I never see that attic again! Shack is coming along nicely!
Appreciate it! Yeah... if I were smarter I would have just put in extra blocking where the display was going before I did the drywall. I know when it comes time to hang lights over the lowboys I'm just going to mount a long 1x12 over all the tanks. That way I'll have a nice solid surface to attach my hanging kits and I'll be able to mount that board directly to the bracing the drywall is screwed into.
 
One stand built one more to go. Then to paint and plumb. Have to figure out what I’m going to do for sumps…

669DE50C-63E9-463A-8574-76AF9BB41F61.jpeg
 
Just went through your whole build. Thought the small shack was really nice and then boom you have a house sized reef shack now. Awesome!
 
Ha thanks. I’m surprised my wife hasn’t moved me out there yet!!! LOL


Im not too far behind you on getting moved out haha. You do have my gears turning though with adding some frag tanks in my basement where my sump is.
 
Today has been tough… both physically and mentally lol. Tore down the entire system and got everything moved out of the old shack and into Rubbermaid stock tanks till I get the new systems all plumbed. A bit bittersweet but this little shack has taught me a ton. Can’t wait to see what Shack 2.0 holds

Aftermath photo…
104B099C-DA5D-448A-A6B4-EF05B1DA0B61.jpeg

But on another note, the 235g is cycled and is alive!!!

75B562AB-E33E-4580-A38B-C7AD7A6B7ECD.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new