Cryptic Fuge

This is the only thing I could find with a decent pic and video, just click on the duplex sump video.


Reef Videos


I was thinking about using a jaubert plenum under this setup.
Is anyone else using this or something similar?
 
Do you have any pics of your setup? How about a Jaubert plenum system as a DSB with a cryptic zone above it.

I think the flow would be an issue. Everything I've read on DSBs requires a pretty high flow rate across the sand, whereas these evidently require slower or moderate flow, although still not sure exactly what that is.
 
Nice Paul, are you going to use sponges you've picked up or have you found some type of starter pack somewhere? Anthony C. said something in the refugium thread about flow needing to be high enough to keep debris in suspension like around 20 to 30X turnover. I was hoping he might chime in over here as well.

oops I missed this thread. I was just going to do like Bricky did and put LR on egg crate and hold it up off the bottom but I was going to have more LR. I wasn't necessarily going to get a starter pack but maybe a just a couple individual sponges to start like a red ball, blue ball or some other like a tree sponge. LA carries them. I know RHF over at RC said he doses silicates to feed the sponges. In the 29gallon tank I was going to start with a slow flow like 100gph then bump a little and experiment to see where the debris settle too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new