OP
OP
Crystal03JC

Crystal03JC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your is very nice. It seems to have grown in well. You have great tank maintenance habits. I say this because I see that cluster of Xenia and that stuff can be such a pain to keep in check.

Thank you :) Weekly water changes and testing is key! My fiancé keeps the Xenia cut back, that's for sure lol. We had yellow polyps go crazy and finally just took the rock out!

OP
OP
Crystal03JC

Crystal03JC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gajazu4e.jpg
uduvavuj.jpg

OP
OP
Crystal03JC

Crystal03JC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u9anejub.jpg

FTS today after a little rearranging

amuze9a6.jpg
6epamaga.jpg

The 2 pics on the right are from our nano, oops lol

gejehu6e.jpg
veqavezy.jpg

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :) Weekly water changes and testing is key! My fiancé keeps the Xenia cut back, that's for sure lol. We had yellow polyps go crazy and finally just took the rock out!

You tank a coral look great - love viewing your pictures.

I too have yellow star polyps that have gone crazy and I see no way to get rid of them except take out all t base rock they attached to. I so dread doing it as it is some huge rock. Were you able to scrap them off the rock and reuse the rock again ... or do those things attach to the rock relentlessly?

OP
OP
Crystal03JC

Crystal03JC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tank a coral look great - love viewing your pictures.

I too have yellow star polyps that have gone crazy and I see no way to get rid of them except take out all t base rock they attached to. I so dread doing it as it is some huge rock. Were you able to scrap them off the rock and reuse the rock again ... or do those things attach to the rock relentlessly?

Thank you :).

You mean GSP? The polyps on a purple mat, or yellow polyps? We took our yellow polyp rock out and didn't put it back in. We took our Xenia out today and they went to our LFS. If its actual polyps you can probably take the rock out and chisel them off, scrubbing them off works too..but you probably shouldn't put the rock back in because all the dead gunk would still be on the rock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back