OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update :
So the two clowns paired up (Picasso’s together and Wyoming’s together) and that created some major fighting(thought I was going to lose one of them to bullying) - so I haphazardly threw together my quarantine tank
816381CC-8D17-43DD-AE03-64A1221111C5.jpeg

Ta-da . T5 light, heater, fluval 406, one seeded rock , and the rest were what I had in a tote (no bleach cure/nothing )

Now I know what you’re thinking - why didn’t you plan ahead ?
Well I bought these clowns which were in a tank living together and I thought I would have a year to get my 90g cube up and running - missing a sump/return pump (because life likes to explode when I finally have the money put aside- my furnace needs to be replaced, I now need a water treatment system for my entire house, oh and don’t forget the window seals that decided this was the year to let go )

TLDR: separated my clowns into pairs, fighting has ceased , pineapple sponges and hair algae everywhere

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed the tank to more blues to see if that helps kill of the hair algae while I wait for my CUC order to arrive .

Some unique critters on the wish list - hope they all arrive

CA6E434C-B06F-450D-9C49-49A4BD61EA7F.jpeg

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA or Maidens Hair Algae (not sure which I have)
Mexican turbo snails, sea hair, hermit crabs , astrea snails,fox face , maybe another tuxedo urchin

Sand bed :
Fighting conch
Some fancy gobies (hopefully)
Starfish

Flippersflippinooah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right there with you on the life exploding thing... :/ .....as well as exploding gha :rolleyes:. I love my tuxedo, has a nice toupee of gsp currently. The haphazard quarantine looks good :)

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current tank parameters: Nutrafin Master Test Kit

pH: 8.6
Ammonia: .3
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:5
Phosphorous:0
Alkalinity (KH) : 190mg/l
Salinity: 1.24

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don't want be bear bad news but. The nem probably didn't split cuz it was happy by looking at ur water parameters. Shouldn't have any ammonia. pH is high should be 8.2 8.3. idk what ur ALk is. No po4. Should make sure water was stable before adding nems. And ur tank looks like small for tangs they grow quick. So he will need be relocated.

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don't want be bear bad news but. The nem probably didn't split cuz it was happy by looking at ur water parameters. Shouldn't have any ammonia. pH is high should be 8.2 8.3. idk what ur ALk is. No po4. Should make sure water was stable before adding nems. And ur tank looks like small for tangs they grow quick. So he will need be relocated.

Hey thanks for the comment .

I think the anemones are ok as they have been in the tank for a few months and only recently split - I also feed them every 3 days and they are super good eaters and either bubbled or fully extended.

Yes the tang was definitely never intended to live it’s full life in this tank - but this tank has a good supply of algae and it’s been growing steadily while I get my 240G up and running .

Alk is slightly over 11 and stable.

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many corals added !

80% zoas
-gobstopper
-watermelon
-utter chaos
-Rasta
-bam bam orange
-goblins on fire
- nuclear dragon eye

Raptors peace Favia

Burgundy acan

Pink tipped frogspawn

green ricordea

132C57A8-B5D5-4FA0-A58A-8535DBB5C6E2.jpeg

crimper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cstar_BC,

Looks like you went coral shopping eh! ;)

By the way, have you check if you that's GHA or Bryopsis. I hope it's not bryopsis but you might wanna check it out, if it is, drop some Fluconazole in there to nuke them down.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Cstar_BC,

Looks like you went coral shopping eh! ;)

By the way, have you check if you that's GHA or Bryopsis. I hope it's not bryopsis but you might wanna check it out, if it is, drop some Fluconazole in there to nuke them down.

Good luck!
I did think bryopsis but on closed inspection it’s just GHA

I have a Chinese blackbox over the tank and some nights have been too lazy to turn the blues off .

thankfully my snails keep it in check

Back