CT road trip

PDM2476

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm coming into CT this weekend with my GF to hit a couple local breweries but we want to hit a few fish/coral stores too. I've been out of the hobby for a little bit but I'm putting together a Nano tank but I don't know where its worth to stop and check out. I was bummed out to see the coral reef closed so I was thinking Exotic fish and corals and one of the all pets but cant remember which one was better Wallingford or Branford? any input would be great

Blitzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoreline Pet in Old Saybrook
Blakes in Meriden

Personally in regards to All Pets Club I think the small store in Southington is the nicest and cleanest in regards to their Salt Water stuff

FishWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branford APC isn't in good shape and they started a new frag tank recently with little inventory......don't waste your time there. Last time I was at the Wallingford one is was pretty good.

+1 to checking out Shoreline in Old Saybrook.

Peter Dietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have to check out Shoreline in Old Saybrook and Aquatic Wildlife in Manchester.

+1 on APC Branford that place is lacking a lot of TLC. Last week I didn't see a tank without at least 3 aptaisia in them and they weren't small.

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm coming into CT this weekend with my GF to hit a couple local breweries but we want to hit a few fish/coral stores too. I've been out of the hobby for a little bit but I'm putting together a Nano tank but I don't know where its worth to stop and check out. I was bummed out to see the coral reef closed so I was thinking Exotic fish and corals and one of the all pets but cant remember which one was better Wallingford or Branford? any input would be great
The coral reef still around just have to call them and see if their around at home.. before heading there

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is not technically in CT, but not far... Aqua Dreams. They have a very nice selection of corals. While i visit Blakes often since it is convenient I am usually disappointed in what i see.... mostly very common LPS and the fish are sometimes upside down. Nothing exotic there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back