CTARS April meeting Trade Thread

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who wants pods so I can get a rough idea on how many to bring and if I will have enough. I have seagull down for the first bottle. Price for now will be same as phyto. $10.00.

Last edited:

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a devil's hand that is self propagating. 2 nubs have already fallen off, drifted away and attached themselves to rock at different spots in my tank. There are 2 more nubs about to drop, one is about 1 inch and the other about 3/4 inch. I plan on trying to isolate these after they are released and attempt to get them to attach to rock rubble. Both frags available for free to CTARS members and I can deliver at the next meeting. I've included a picture of my devil's hand under actinic lighting for reference. Shoot me a response if interested. Thanks.

20160322_193236_resized.jpg

ctsps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a 48in reefbreeders photon,have frags of jf foxflame and rr wolverine cut today and mini colonies of foxflame for trade

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a devil's hand that is self propagating. 2 nubs have already fallen off, drifted away and attached themselves to rock at different spots in my tank. There are 2 more nubs about to drop, one is about 1 inch and the other about 3/4 inch. I plan on trying to isolate these after they are released and attempt to get them to attach to rock rubble. Both frags available for free to CTARS members and I can deliver at the next meeting. I've included a picture of my devil's hand under actinic lighting for reference. Shoot me a response if interested. Thanks.

20160322_193236_resized.jpg

These are both spoken for. Thanks!

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for blue hypnea macro algae. If any CTARS members have this algae for sale or trade, please let me know. I cultivate dragon's breath macro algae if interested in a trade. Looking to make this happen for April's CTARS meeting. I've included Google images strictly for the purpose of reference and are not my images. Please let me know. Thanks!

bluehypnea.jpg
IMG_5620.jpg

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CTARS had one for member use. Ask the BOD if it's still in circulation and about signing it out if so.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not worth it, IMO, as prices can be pretty hefty and like you said, once your light settings are adjusted to your needs, would you really need it again? Also, if you use LEDs, most par meter readings will be inaccurate from what I've read. I find that a lot of the manufacturers now will provide graphs with PAR measurements for their specific lights that will show readings based on tank dimensions and light spread, etc. I used these PAR graphs as reference for my specific Kessils and then adjusted to my personal reef needs.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back