CTARS Pig Roast

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I had not planned on attending myself, it is still sad news to hear of the cancellation of the pig roast, especially since it was in honor of a fellow CTARS member.

So now it has to be asked, what will become of the expensive raffle prizes that had been purchased in advance of the event? Returned and refunded to the CTARS account? Held for future raffle use? Curiosity always gets the best of me, sorry if this comes across in a negative way.

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike, we are returning these items for a full refund back to CTARS. It is sad and disheartening that we had to cancel this event due to the lack of participation.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering about how many tickets were sold? I was planning to go, just hadn't got around to buying tickets. I also wonder how many others just hadn't bought them yet.

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Rhode Island but I probably would've gone

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone who tried to make this happen. I have only been in the club a couple years, but for whatever reason participation in events seems to declining. I wish there was a way to get more members to go to the monthly meetings, so a greater amount of fellowship between members could be built up. Maybe we could scale back things a bit...... Maybe meet at a pizza joint or something and have beer and pie...something that does require so much planning and work by such a few members, but will still bring the club together.

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 ticket? Wow we suck! Lol
Sorry.... I know a lot of work went into this.. Personally, I was thinking about buying a ticket even thought I probably couldn't go. I did not want to bring my 3 kids, and it's too much get a sitter for 4 or 5 hours,and I didn't want to go alone because I figured since the tickets were being sold to the public, and I only know a couple club members, that I would probably be hanging out with a bunch of people I didn't know..... not that that's always a bad thing! Just my perspective.

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the pig roast was going to cost the club around $1800 between the venue, the band, and food/beverages. With only 1 ticket sold and just over a week to go I think the BOD made the right move despite it not being the favorable option. Losing that kind of money would not have been a responsible decision and could have interfered with the clubs ability to host CMAC from a finance standpoint. As you can probably imagine the are a lot of costs associated with a conference our size.

Suicideissleep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope we dont have the same problem at cmac looking forward to it sad it came to this though

hans1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The conference is a regional event. We draw people from all over, Boston, Central New York, Long Island, Manhattan, Vermont, New Hampshire and even Maine. I would expect the club to do ok with this event.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow we do suck. There has to be a way to draw in more members. The bod has their work cut out. Maybe cmac will help bring in some news, I know that's where I first signed up a few years ago.

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure everyone buys their tickets ahead of time, we need a head count for the caterer. Please and thank you! And yes, CMAC is looking like it's going to be awesome!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back