Cube lighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Photon would you recommend for a marineland 93 gal rimless cube 30x30x24?

Also do you guys still sell wp40s? I was thinking of grabbing the light and pump from you

Shoot me a pm

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 8 bulb t5's on my 60 and 135 cube, not the answer you wanted but I had radions before and coverage was not really good at all, with the results I am getting from these fixtures glad they didnt cover well. IMO in a cube legthwise isnt the problem area of coverage it is the depth (front to back) that suffers the most.

CR

Last edited:
OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 8 bulb t5's on my 60 and 135 cube, not the answer you wanted but I had radions before and coverage was not really good at all, with the results I am getting from these fixtures glad they didnt cover well. IMO in a cube legthwise isnt the problem area of coverage it is the depth (front to back) that suffers the most.

CR

yeah thats what i was worried about i was thinking maybe go with the lights on an angle diagonal and have them a little higher off the tank. What T5's are you running a DIY or is it a particular mfg?

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run ATI fixtures, sunpowers on controllers, also coralvue make a pretty cool T5 fixture with 5 bulbs and moonlights. Really comes down to bulbs which I only use ATI. I thought the same but I like a clean even flow and the angle would just annoy me in the end lol.

CR

Edit: You can do like the picture above but 2 fixtures is needed, depending on cube size I guess, if I was gonna ever go back to LED i would do 2 120w maxspect razors just on my 60 or 2 160w 27" on my 135, personal pref on manufacturers.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back