CUC help

Sharkattackmack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
357
Reaction score
227
Location
Calgary
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, looking to add some sand dwelling critters to help move the sandbed around better. I current have two conchs, some smaller hermits and quite a few snails but they either deal with my rock, glass or sandbed surface. Normally I'd get a a few nassairous snails but with this being my first time using a larger substrate (crushed coral) I'm unsure if they will be able to bury in there. Any other suggestions like starfish or other inverts would be great. Thanks!

PXL_20240306_194129812.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20240306_194737026.MP.jpg
 
I have a sand sifting goby and my sanded is white as snow. Depends how big ur sand is but it sh

I have a sand sifting goby and my sanded is white as snow. Depends how big ur sand is but it should work.
Little too big for a sand sifting goby. Had one in my last tank and did a great job at keeping it clean. I wanted higher flow in this tank so I went with something larger.
 
Hey everyone, looking to add some sand dwelling critters to help move the sandbed around better. I current have two conchs, some smaller hermits and quite a few snails but they either deal with my rock, glass or sandbed surface. Normally I'd get a a few nassairous snails but with this being my first time using a larger substrate (crushed coral) I'm unsure if they will be able to bury in there. Any other suggestions like starfish or other inverts would be great. Thanks!

PXL_20240306_194129812.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20240306_194737026.MP.jpg
My Nassarius love my sandbed...crushed coral mixed with @LiverockRocks live ocean sand and Caribsea Live sand.

You will be fine adding them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new