Cupisorb info for copper treatment

T33BLACK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would make a quick post that might be helpful to someone I recently had a heater go bad on me in my rodi water and before I noticed did a water change on my aquarium. Needless to say I lost alot of snails because if it and 2 frags which all things considered wasn't too bad. I tested my water the next day because it was real cloudy and found that copper was of the charts and found the burnt out heater. I quickly did a water change with new water and ordered cupisorb on Amazon and luckily it arrived the next day. After 24hrs of running the cupisorb my levels were back to normal. I do believe cupisorb saved me a lot of other coral death as now they have all bounced back and are doing great. Just wanted to let anyone know with a similar problem that stuff works great!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would make a quick post that might be helpful to someone I recently had a heater go bad on me in my rodi water and before I noticed did a water change on my aquarium. Needless to say I lost alot of snails because if it and 2 frags which all things considered wasn't too bad. I tested my water the next day because it was real cloudy and found that copper was of the charts and found the burnt out heater. I quickly did a water change with new water and ordered cupisorb on Amazon and luckily it arrived the next day. After 24hrs of running the cupisorb my levels were back to normal. I do believe cupisorb saved me a lot of other coral death as now they have all bounced back and are doing great. Just wanted to let anyone know with a similar problem that stuff works great!

While I both agree that a broken heater can be a big problem, including with copper, and I also agree that cuprisorb and other metal binders will help export it, I'm curious how you know that copper rose and then was "back to normal" in 24 h.

As far as I know, no kit can usefully read at normal seawater copper levels.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back