Curious on your mitras lx7s par levels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AB+ project replicates the Ecotech cycle sans the 410nm of the Radion and includes the UV of the Mitras. AB+ is itself a copy of a MH 20k bulb. By using legit spectrometer data, my project is simply a copy of a spectrum which is a copy of a spectrum. Given the differences between the Mitras and XR30, it's not possible to replicate the Radion's deep blue look.

Cheers,

Jim

That composer project is the AB+ Radion project. I downloaded it but just can't get myself to go for it. Seems kinda bland to me. Besides if I wanted to run that I'd just as well buy the Radions.
I haven't really read where anyone is running that project.

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The project wasn't made for Keith, but I had taken spectrometer data of a couple of MH bulbs that were close to what Keith used. I shared the data with him, and last I knew, he was using the project. He noted that it's bluer than his MH bulbs, but that's mainly due to the width of the blue bands that the Mitras produces. MH blue bands are way more space needle-ish, and that's difficult to replicate with LEDs without cut filters.

He uses it. Tele made it for him. To replicate what he was used to. I contacted reefbum to try RRL don't think he wanted to try it he's happy with his. U can take any composer and just lower the intensity of any time point u want. If 90% peak is to much. Drop it to 70. U can always slowly raise it over timeor under the mitras connection itself. U can change overall 100% to say 80%. If u think it's to high.

Chris Fournier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The project wasn't made for Keith, but I had taken spectrometer data of a couple of MH bulbs that were close to what Keith used. I shared the data with him, and last I knew, he was using the project. He noted that it's bluer than his MH bulbs, but that's mainly due to the width of the blue bands that the Mitras produces. MH blue bands are way more space needle-ish, and that's difficult to replicate with LEDs without cut filters.
Any chance you could replicate a Phoenix 14k lamp or something more white? So many of these LED programs are just way too blue for my eye. Looking for the old MH look/how Europe has their tanks set. :)

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you could replicate a Phoenix 14k lamp or something more white? So many of these LED programs are just way too blue for my eye. Looking for the old MH look/how Europe has their tanks set. :)

I've asked the locals if anyone has one laying around. Happy to test if I can get one over the spectrometer.

Jim

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phoenix14KSpectralplot.jpg
Here you go. Copy it.

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting..lol…any possibility of posting this program in the app format for me?
The 7206 wouldn’t connect via USB for me. According to vin there’s like a 3 page tutorial on how to use with a USB if I recall correctly and I haven’t brought myself to digest it. Anyway, much gratitude.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting..lol…any possibility of posting this program in the app format for me?
The 7206 wouldn’t connect via USB for me. According to vin there’s like a 3 page tutorial on how to use with a USB if I recall correctly and I haven’t brought myself to digest it. Anyway, much gratitude.
3 pages to connect via USB? Where? :)

It's one page and takes less than a minute (3 min if you include reading time from top to bottom) to do so:

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 pages to connect via USB? Where? :)

It's one page and takes less than a minute (3 min if you include reading time from top to bottom) to do so:
got it! My bad…that’s why I had precursor with if I recall correctly, which I clearly didn’t…lol…my apologies. 3 minutes, 3 pages…I’m a dummy…

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll sum it up for you ….turn on computer, open GCC, plug in Mitras to computer via usb, prompt to open device manager, open it to get COM port, verify it is asking for the same COM port, hit enter, done deal.

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my current config. The only difference between this and Keith's is that Keith has "Sky White" at 28%. His config does a good job of replicating AB+, and although it's a little bluer that his MH, Keith seems to appreciate the lights' performance.

IMG_4474.jpg

Give USB a shot. As with most all things, after the first time, it's much easier than you thought.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back