Current Marine lights— anyone using them

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for end user product review.. does anybody use these lights? Coral growth? Bells and whistles that come built within any good (sounds, weather, light intensity control, control pumps and heaters)

As always thanks in advance

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 above my IM 20gallon peninsula and I like them. I haven’t had any trouble growing any soft or LPS coral, but I do also feed them often with reef roids and frozen meaty foods. The light programming is pretty simple and easy, and I also run with a wave maker. My only complaint with the Bluetooth is that sometimes I have to wait a while or close the app and reopen for it to work. I like the sunrise and sunset feature and while the weather is kinda cool I never really use it. Also fair to say that I’m 6 months into my first tank so I don’t have anything else to compare them too, but they work for me so far. Will probably invest in something a little nicer if I get a larger tank in the future.

OP
OP
MikeandDee

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your I. The market for lights, I'll have a couple black boxes for sale shortly.

I currently have two black boxes but was wanting something along the T5 hybrid type style. Didn’t know if the current was similar to the T5 or the black boxes. Thanks though.

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the loop system..1 48inch light and 2 waves and 1 return pump all hooked in together and setup Bluetooth. But i never have any trouble connecting to it like some others have complained. I have a samsung S9 edge. Anyway i do like the weather, and music and active night and also feed mode. I have a 92gal corner so mine is deep and the orbit is a lil to week to grow acros so i added a 250watt 14k metal halide for a few hrs a day for my daylight times. But I do like how you can have the whole loop system do things most others cant as i stated above

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back