Current USA eFlux Wave Pump is it good for SPS?

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not so sure how flow works, but just wondering if anyone can explain it to me. I’ve 2 of these on my soft coral and one candy cane right now. What I want to understand is, are these two making enough flow at 70% for every LPS and SPS corals (probably in the future). Cause my softies move on their own and aren’t blasting with flow when I see other tanks.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That question is impossible to answer unless you also tell us what size tank you have and what size your Current USA wave pumps are. They make several different sizes of eflux wave pumps.

Obviously bigger pumps in a smaller tank will be fine for SPS, but smaller pumps in a bigger tank won’t be.

OP
OP
Danroo

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 20 gallon tank with two of these, oh forgot to mention they’re 660. The smallest one from these eflux.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those pumps are probably going to be too small for SPS in a 20G tank, especially at only 70%. I used one of the eflux 660 pumps in a little 8G nano tank for a while and even at 100% I didn’t think that was enough flow for my 8G tank.

You might be able to get away with it if you turn them up to 100% and put the SPS near the pumps, but you’d probably be better off upgrading to bigger pumps.

OP
OP
Danroo

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I thought so. Haven’t seen much movement on my toadstool and my zoas barely move. I suspected the flow was way less for a mixed reef.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back