Current USA Orbit Marine LED buzzing

  • Thread starter Thread starter SixSteppa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SixSteppa

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2015
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

The above light just arrived from an online order and when plugged in and under load (ie: light on) the transformer buzzes.

Anyone have this light? Similar problems or none at all? Emailed Current USA on Saturday and received an auto reply to give them a full business day before expecting a reply.

Much thanks.
 
No the power supply should not vibrate.
Do you have another 24v supply to make sure there is no issue with the fixture?
I have several of these and no noise at all
 
Just checked with my wife's laptop AC adaptor and hers buzzes when plugged into the light as well. I made sure that it was the adaptor that was buzzing too. Not the actual light fixture.

Thanks for the quick response twilliard!
 
Oops! Ya my 18 is 12v
Sounds like over current
These power supplies are solid state and I am unsure If they have over current protection.
Current usa is easy to work with. Either they will give you a RMA or send you a replacement part with prepaid return shipping.
I had issues in the past with the clock staying current
 
Oh and also tell them its not the power supply (you spoke with a licensed electrician and electronics business owner)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new