Current USA Return Pump

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of getting a back up return pump. What do you guys think of this brand?
Current USA eFlux 6011 DC Flow Pump - 3170GPH
1617905067193.png

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the current eflux return pump. I like it. The first one died after a year but I think it is because I didn't clean it. They are very quiet.

PS I think you posted the wrong picture

OP
OP
Dunc

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the current eflux return pump. I like it. The first one died after a year but I think it is because I didn't clean it. They are very quiet.

PS I think you posted the wrong picture
Dang you are correct. That’s a photo of the Maxspect Jump DC Return Pump with Controller - 3170 GPH . Do you know anything about those? I’m debating between the two,

ATAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there are a ton of jump users, I would go with a Fluval sp for a back up pump. Priced well, and the could easily be used for years if you decided to not change it.

OP
OP
Dunc

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there are a ton of jump users, I would go with a Fluval sp for a back up pump. Priced well, and the could easily be used for years if you decided to not change it.
Thanks. I’ll take a look.

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang you are correct. That’s a photo of the Maxspect Jump DC Return Pump with Controller - 3170 GPH . Do you know anything about those? I’m debating between the two,

I haven't used that one.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current USA return for 3 years now.
Quiet and consistent.

kcinnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to deal with current products, lots of premature dead pumps. Surprisingly, Jabao pumps have been very good to me, better than any other non super expensive pumps. I think they are a copy (quite possibly exactly the same) of the old waveline now, and the waveline was a great DC pump.

OP
OP
Dunc

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to deal with current products, lots of premature dead pumps. Surprisingly, Jabao pumps have been very good to me, better than any other non super expensive pumps. I think they are a copy (quite possibly exactly the same) of the old waveline now, and the waveline was a great DC pump.
I’ll take a look a Jabao. Thank you for replying :)

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using now?

I would go with whatever is going to give you the easiest time installing a replacement.

I have a mag12 in my garage with pvc already on it incase my eflux was to ever go down. Would take me literally 5min to switch them out. And my mag drive is a back up, I wanted something thats just going to turn on and run the tank until I can get the main pump fixed/clean.

OP
OP
Dunc

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using now?

I would go with whatever is going to give you the easiest time installing a replacement.

I have a mag12 in my garage with pvc already on it incase my eflux was to ever go down. Would take me literally 5min to switch them out. And my mag drive is a back up, I wanted something thats just going to turn on and run the tank until I can get the main pump fixed/clean.
I’m using a Simplicity 3200 DC circ pump. Im thinking of making it a back and going with a higher end pump.
1617991496444.jpeg

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using a Simplicity 3200 DC circ pump. Im thinking of making it a back and going with a higher end pump.
1617991496444.jpeg

In my opinion, current in is not a "higher end" pump.

It's a dc return pump with a dial adjustment on a "controller". You don't know what power or level the pump is running at since there is no readout.

I'd look at reef octopus if you want a name brand pump, or sicce.

I have a current usa on my tank now, but beyond seeing it up and dialing in the flow for the return I never touch it. If I knew what flow rate it was pushing, I'd even consider replacing it with an AC pump that pumps the same volume

kcinnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1617991496444.jpeg
Simplicity is another cheap pump I had good luck with. I have tried everything in a retail environment, even the expensive gray and orange and blue and white pumps fail just as much or more than the simpler, cheaper pumps. They are almost all made in china. I am going with a Jaboa DC pump with an aqualink adapter, I plan to keep a spare pump on hand, but you should do that with ANY brand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back