Cushion star, culcita novaeguineae

  • Thread starter Thread starter titi59
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

titi59

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
10
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, this is my bin being launched for a while, I decided to do the tests and there, no chlorine, nitrites or nitrates, so I decided myself to go to my pet and always there I see what a magnificent orange Culcita, and the seller said he has another, a beautiful gray-green to orange and red arms, then obviously I crack, and here I am with Culcita. It is in the tray since yesterday and is doing very well, the seller told me that it was night but the day is very active. I wanted to know if she had any special needs? Is it the food? Give molds or others? Thank you all !

IMG_5401.JPG
IMG_5402.JPG IMG_5412.JPG WP_20150920_10_50_09_Pro.jpg IMG_5417.JPG
 
Sounds like an impulse buy :) You may want to research any animals that you want to keep before buying them to ensure their compatibility, what they eat and if you can provide that food. For starters, I would try placing a small piece of shrimp meat and/or clam meat under the starfish and see if it will eat it. If you have any quality live rock, you also stand the chance that this starfish will wipe out a number of other inverts that may be on the rock.
 
I gave him the mold and she ate. This is not an impulse buy because we had already advised me but as it was a seller I preferred checked here.
 
I gave him the mold and she ate. This is not an impulse buy because we had already advised me but as it was a seller I preferred checked here.

Mold? Do you mean algae?
 
Hello everyone, this is my bin being launched for a while, I decided to do the tests and there, no chlorine, nitrites or nitrates, so I decided myself to go to my pet and always there I see what a magnificent orange Culcita, and the seller said he has another, a beautiful gray-green to orange and red arms, then obviously I crack, and here I am with Culcita. It is in the tray since yesterday and is doing very well, the seller told me that it was night but the day is very active. I wanted to know if she had any special needs? Is it the food? Give molds or others? Thank you all !

IMG_5401.JPG
IMG_5402.JPG IMG_5412.JPG WP_20150920_10_50_09_Pro.jpg
Where did you get it? Is 80 gallons enough for it?
 
Hello everyone, this is my bin being launched for a while, I decided to do the tests and there, no chlorine, nitrites or nitrates, so I decided myself to go to my pet and always there I see what a magnificent orange Culcita, and the seller said he has another, a beautiful gray-green to orange and red arms, then obviously I crack, and here I am with Culcita. It is in the tray since yesterday and is doing very well, the seller told me that it was night but the day is very active. I wanted to know if she had any special needs? Is it the food? Give molds or others? Thank you all !

IMG_5401.JPG
IMG_5402.JPG IMG_5412.JPG WP_20150920_10_50_09_Pro.jpg IMG_5417.JPG
where did you get that?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new