Custom 90 degree plugs

mooshoo62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade to 90 degree NEMA cables so that the face of my apex 832 is low profile. I reached out to EcoTech to ask if they have any recommended brands and they gave me the safe answer that it's possible, but they suggest staying with the ones provided to avoid any liability.

Have any of you successfully upgraded this before? If so, could really use some help identifying the right cords.

Thanks,
David

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about something like this?

FIRMERST 1875W Low Profile 1Ft Extension Cord 14 AWG Black 3 Pack https://a.co/d/hOn2lZV

The max amps on the power strip says 15A. And this is 14 gauge which is rated for 15A.

OP
OP
M

mooshoo62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about something like this?

FIRMERST 1875W Low Profile 1Ft Extension Cord 14 AWG Black 3 Pack https://a.co/d/hOn2lZV

The max amps on the power strip says 15A. And this is 14 gauge which is rated for 15A.
I was thinking something like this.

Nema 18AWG NEMA 5-15P to C13​

The female connection on yours doesn’t match any of the ecotech equipment and the cord that comes with the power block is 18 AWG

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking something like this.

Nema 18AWG NEMA 5-15P to C13​

The female connection on yours doesn’t match any of the ecotech equipment and the cord that comes with the power block is 18 AWG
The cord I posted is just an extension, designed to be added onto the existing cord. It's NEMA 5-15 on both ends, and will allow the male end of the power block to sit closer to the wall. It's odd it comes with an 18 gauge being that the block is rated for 15a, especially since it's a flexible wire.

If your just looking for a direct replacement and it says 18awg on the wire you already have then what you have listed should work, but you might want to see if anyone else chimes in since I thought the whole block was rated for 15A, and not less.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cord I posted is just an extension, designed to be added onto the existing cord. It's NEMA 5-15 on both ends, and will allow the male end of the power block to sit closer to the wall. It's odd it comes with an 18 gauge being that the block is rated for 15a, especially since it's a flexible wire.

If your just looking for a direct replacement and it says 18awg on the wire you already have then what you have listed should work, but you might want to see if anyone else chimes in since I thought the whole block was rated for 15A, and not less.
Yeah I was confused also. Read the OP's comment after you posted, and was like "huh?"

They are just flat extension cords, and any equipment with a normal US based 3 prong plug end will work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back