Custom rip clean thread for nanos, top cure for dinos and cyano above any method.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way this thread is going to run is by evaluation of outcomes from live time jobs, it's as simple as that.

Post #54 is the only current live time job underway, criticism that is relevant here will come directly from those outcomes at hand from live time jobs.

and remember: at any time, a critic can create their own competing work thread, you work some jobs and we compare. that would drive reefing science bigtime, to have multiple outbound challenge tanks worked in one thread.

Not a thread of us stating ideas and best practices

a thread of us competing, by working outbound jobs from the nuisance algae forum. I call tanks 40 gallons and below.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post #2 is a very very detailed long term update. you guys came here to spar, you weren't here to help or you would read some examples.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From this point on we can await new work threads, and track the ongoing work thread in progress. send more jobs

the way to test is to send more jobs to work live time, that's the purpose of this thread.

This thread is about finding live time work jobs, I posted some from a few months ago, let's get the momentum going again for new ones.

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am staying out of the rip clean good/bad debate. However, My personal experience doing two of them on a 20g were unsuccessful 2 months down the road. However I blame that on not finding the source of the problem that lead me to the need to rip clean it and then opening up the door to some other invasion after the rocks were spotless.

To Brandon’s point, it is the simplest, easiest approach for mass nutrient export. And in something under 30g can be done in an afternoon. I appreciate the guidance he has provided to me in the past.

My both times my tank looked amazing as the other after posts. The first time I got dinos a couple weeks after the rip clean (nutrients bottomed out and lots of new real estate). The second time GHA manage to make a three-peat comeback.

I blame the lack of a good bio-ome/live rock (I had some cheap Marco rock I got off of Amazon) over anything the rip clean did.

However, a rip clean isn’t the end-all savior. If your tank is over run with GHA, It’s a step to mass export algae and nutrients from the tank. Then the actual remediation needs to happen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we will spend the rest of this thread evaluating live time jobs

and awaiting any jobs at all Chris wants to run

Chris: go get a dinos help tank and fix it your way, and link that for us to watch. Thats not a loser tank like you said, that's someone undertaking a top challenge in reefing

if you're not willing to do that on call then you're in the wrong thread. I'm asking for new jobs.

trolls don't have any methods to review, good or bad, they're just neutral always except in tone.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘These past couple of days I have been seeing my blue legged hermit crab acting weird. Ive had both the hermit crab and coral for years. I’ve never seen him exhibit this behavior. I keep finding him walking on my neon green toadstool coral. It will walk all around on top as well as flip upside down and hold on. I’ve gone ahead and added a few pictures.’

Imagine being tasked to fix someone’s ten thousand dollar reef tank from three simultaneous problem invasions after reading that question above

When I read that question from you, then read what you’ve typed here in my threads as you tried to take over, it becomes brightly apparent what’s really going on.

Asking for you to take on a few work threads before spouting angry opinions isn’t going to be practical until 2028. Hopefully you’ll be able to determine soon why your hermit crab walked across the coral.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent

Phillip Aasen has offered his nano challenge turnaround for us / me / to work to completion. This new work example helps guide our thread away from trolling and into works outcome evaluation.

Not that anyone is stepping up to help him, but curious how readers here would fix this tank without a rip clean (and can you show the fix actually being done before as a link)

FE89DC6F-FB56-4F2C-8146-D6FD5D6C2900.jpeg

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m already two new work threads running just as of today though, you’re at zero. We are evaluating how new jobs turn out, it takes some time.

Instead of posting on my threads where you’re not welcome, start your own threads on any subject matter other than your own tank.

When you have applied sincere experience and willingness to help someone’s tank, post those results you created here, then you’ll be welcome. So far I think you’re a new poster troll with no work history quick to get into others work history, to try and derail it, for the fun of derailing it. I haven’t googled the definition of a web troll recently but I bet those traits are the key highlights.

3/13/24
Posted by Chaselti

I used this method this week to consolidate and reset my two nano tanks. I had fallen behind on maintenance of both tanks, 16g & 10g; the former had a bad case of hair algae while the latter was covered in bryopsis and bubble algae. Because life has become busier I decided it would be good to consolidate the two tanks and deep clean in the process. It took me most of Monday and some of Tuesday and now that Wednesday is here I think things are going well…

IMG_3096.JPG

No before pics but some to give you an idea of the state of things.

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

After transferring fish and corals to a temporary tank I made sure the 16g was sparking clean, basically like new. I used new sand that I thoroughly washed - not till crystal clear, I used some clarity in the tank to take care of the last dust cloud. I also used all new water.

I transferred the inhabitants of the 10g to their own holding tank and removed the rock work which was covered in thick matt of bryopsis and bubble algae - I removed as much as possible by hand, gave it a brush down and spray with H2O2. The idea was to get it as clean as possible so I can treat with fluconazole in a week or two and not have too much die off in the tank. I would’ve liked to do more targeted scraping but with so much to do I was feeling pressed for time.

I acclimated the 10g fish and introduced them on Monday night; the 16g fish went in Tuesday night - I’m hoping the two clownfish will pair/get along; they are different sizes. There has been a bit of chasing but I’m keeping a close eye on them. There is also a hasselts’s goby and a few small cave gobies which I’m hoping won’t contribute much to the bioload. It was quite nerve wracking but this thread gave me the confidence in the resilience of the microbiology to go ahead. Now to stay on top of maintenance. Anyone with fluconazole advice? How long do you think I should wait?

IMG_3101.JPG

Last edited:

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine someone who has been practicing a rip clean method for years, confidently asserting that it actually works. It would only be logical for this dedicated individual to have a collection of photos showcasing the progress achieved through this method. After all, documenting the success would serve as undeniable evidence of its effectiveness.

But here's the catch: the absence of such photos is a massive red flag. Why, if this method truly works, is there no visual proof? It's perplexing how someone can passionately ramble on and on about a method they wholeheartedly believe in, yet fail to provide any concrete evidence to support their claims.

The lack of documentation raises doubts about the credibility of the method. Is it possible that this person is not capturing their progress because deep down, they know their idea doesn't actually work? It's a troubling thought, as it suggests a lack of confidence in their own beliefs.

Furthermore, this you audaciously requests successful business owners, who possess a net worth 10,000 times greater than your own, to prove them wrong. It's important to note that this is not an attempt to flatter oneself, but rather a recognition that nobody knows about this person and their method, and most likely never will.

In the end, it becomes evident that without tangible evidence, the claims made by this individual hold little weight. It's easy to passionately defend an idea, but without proof, it remains nothing more than empty words. So, until substantial evidence is presented, skepticism will continue to surround this supposed rip clean method.

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve been dealing with nano tanks for years. (Don’t flatter yourself not even the most expensive nano is 10 thousand dollars) your working on new reefers tanks who can’t even grow and sustain coral. You’re then leading them down a road that will cause them more harm than good. You have the 2024 mentality about things, what is that? Instant gratification.

Without any proof your rip clean methods work long term you’re enticing these poor rookies into a one size fits all solution. Which as we know in the hobby doesn’t work. You’ve been at this for how long and haven’t been able to document any proof it works? Is it because the “customers” can’t stand you by the end of the day? Or is it because within months their ecosystem is completely destroyed.
Once again I’m laughing at you with your “all mighty rip clean method” where you have zero pictures of it working long term. Weren’t you asking the business owners who you’re envious of to document their products in real time? You’re a nobody asking the best of the best to prove you wrong. Not only are you a nobody but you’re asking them to provide evidence when you haven’t provided any actual evidence yourself. Why is that?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 62 53.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back