Custom rip clean thread for nanos, top cure for dinos and cyano above any method.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for some work

nano owners: post us up a challenge where you're ready to rock and roll based on priors here

I will position rip cleaning as the top dinos control option in reefing, for nano reefs.

pretty much anything under 40 gallons a person can set the correct will + work levels to truly rinse out pounds of waste-laden sand for their own tank's benefit.

much above that gallonage, and the excuses as to why they cannot access the full tank begin to mount.

40 gallons and below? if you have a reef tank invasion it's because you want one/have not read rip clean threads to know the option

we can make any 40 gallon reef tank and below comply, so post those challenges.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is how all jobs in 2024+ will go down:

post an invaded reef tank

we do a rip clean, it's now uninvaded and the after pics look like you took ten years to earn a perfect reef tank but in all reality it was 24 hours.

we make changes in your reefing approach that brought you here from the clean condition, not the invaded condition, and that's what separates this thread from the others.

simply being ripped clean does help your invasion: there's no feed waste for it and the communal mass was exported all at once. the good stuff remained attached as a microcommunity on your live rock, and rode back into the new assembly, pointed-metal rasping of reef rocks like we do to clean them does not degrade rock microcommunities

Rip cleaners can use precision knife tip cleaning of live rock surfaces like a reef dentist would do, to remove only the target holdfasts and leave all the good stuff like coralline.

at no time in the future will you allow any form of takeover, because you had prior demonstrated the ability to command compliance in a reef tank in 24 hours.

keep trying to find ways to adjust, change your reefing approach to not need rip cleans

but until you find that method, use them in whole or in part. anyone where who allowed 19 months of unfettered algae growth before posting sure might get some popups after we're done.

you'd set those rocks out on the counter, get your knife and detail the algae away, spot that area with peroxide after it was cleaned, and set the rocks back. some guiding dentistry will be expected for those that present a neglected start. but those are my favorite jobs to get.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recent jobs completed in 2023:

A_Poythress' mixed algae challenge

p1.jpeg

rocks being worked on the counter
p2.jpeg
by a knife, taking direct time to dislodge attachment algae, rinse it away, scraped and dislodged not with a brush, a knife.

then use peroxide on the former growth spots, to burn leftover anchor cells.

then rinse and set the rock aside for reassembly.

a clean sandbed rinse formerly all crudded up above we can see in the starting pic:
p4.jpeg
and the final shot.

p5.jpeg

that's a skip cycle rip clean. we didn't test for ammonia, because it's a skip cycle rip clean it can't fail if you follow the rules correctly. your tank will look like that in 24 hours.

we didn't use bottle bac: we never do

we didn't hesitate or make ID attempts; who cares what an ID is? that doesn't change the plan one bit.

we didn't test for params, I don't need to know his phosphate levels to earn that after condition above in your tank. you deal with all that after the fact, this is your free restart without losing anything bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from Humuhumu:

humu 1.jpg

this is how much waste a reef tank with a sandbed has in it: fuels algae, dinos and invasion issues
Humu4.jpg

this is the holding system, for the already-cleaned rocks and fish and corals.
Humu3.jpg

and this is the fix

the first steps he took were: lower light levels by far

increased spot feeding of animals with guiding water changes like CPR

manual cleaning of rocks vs allowance, guide back the LPS growth and coralline as exclusion surfaces on the rocks vs leaving the rocks wide-open for plant takeover

where a coral mouth grows: algae does not

he could plant a lot of active corals to edge out vital space competition for algae. apparently montis and favias select for the system.
humu 6.jpg

his enjoyment of the hobby rebounded fully he said in the work thread above.

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren’t you essentially just rinsing out all good and bad bacteria/ life?

I’d be curious to see some progress pictures spanning the course of a year or two.

The tanks you’ve posted have little to no corals. Curious to see how this would work out on an established system with a variety of corals. After having removed all the beneficial bacteria..

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be another good one to see what it looks like today, a year after the rip clean. Unfortunately, it looks like the user has left the forum and consolidated that tank into another one shortly after the rip clean.

from Humuhumu:

humu 1.jpg

this is how much waste a reef tank with a sandbed has in it: fuels algae, dinos and invasion issues
Humu4.jpg

this is the holding system, for the already-cleaned rocks and fish and corals.
Humu3.jpg

and this is the fix

the first steps he took were: lower light levels by far

increased spot feeding of animals with guiding water changes like CPR

manual cleaning of rocks vs allowance, guide back the LPS growth and coralline as exclusion surfaces on the rocks vs leaving the rocks wide-open for plant takeover

where a coral mouth grows: algae does not

he could plant a lot of active corals to edge out vital space competition for algae. apparently montis and favias select for the system.
humu 6.jpg

his enjoyment of the hobby rebounded fully he said in the work thread above.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ChrisPPolys in order to vet the information anyone posts on this site, select their avatar then select find all posts and you can uncover primary motivations really well

have you ever seen a post rip clean tank go bad, or does it just seem like they would?

I have some work links, agreed they're due on demand. I just want to see where your skepticism comes from, what bad outcomes have you witnessed in changing tanks from those before to after pics?

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember

Im asking for new jobs

you guys could collectively go round me up a few live time jobs, to run here, with that energy.

direct some nano reefs here who are posting for help, why should we reread easily searched out rip clean threads that go fifty pages at times

we can do new ones right here.

and, if anyone knows a better way, feel free to run a simultaneous work thread alongside this one and we can compare results.

the fun way to get the proofs you seek is to find someone willing to listen and send them here with a wrecked nano reef, and we watch what unfolds live time and you guys track it till the cows come home.

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in order to vet the information anyone posts on this site, select their avatar then select find all posts and you can uncover primary motivations really well

have you ever seen a post rip clean tank go bad, or does it just seem like they would?

I have some work links, agreed they're due on demand. I just want to see where your skepticism comes from, what bad outcomes have you witnessed in changing tanks from those before to after pics?
getting rid of all the good bacteria along side the bad leading to a tank crash and all the corals dying.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you've read that

but have you seen it? can you link a thread where that happened, that you posted in

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
click on the avatar of anyone on the site

select find all posts, what patterns stand out in the reading

you get answers fast

can we please get some work jobs here

meaning: can you find a friend online here who's having trouble with their nano reef, send them here willing to work a manual cleaning, and we track their outcome? that's the goal of this thread, live time work jobs

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, I don’t know any quitters willing to restart their tank over an algae bloom.

remember

Im asking for new jobs

you guys could collectively go round me up a few live time jobs, to run here, with that energy.

direct some nano reefs here who are posting for help, why should we reread easily searched out rip clean threads that go fifty pages at times

we can do new ones right here.

and, if anyone knows a better way, feel free to run a simultaneous work thread alongside this one and we can compare results.

the fun way to get the proofs you seek is to find someone willing to listen and send them here with a wrecked nano reef, and we watch what unfolds live time and you guys track it till the cows come home.
Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember: you click on the avatar

you select find all posts

you get answers fast

Now that all my prior rip cleans have been laid bare, can we please get some work jobs here

meaning: can you find a friend online here who's having trouble with their nano reef, send them here willing to work a manual cleaning, and we track their outcome? results will be just like the ones you saw with the lead up preps to the post.
So your long ramblings require no circumstantial evidence that it actually works?

A simple no, would suffice. Thank you!

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chis it's clear you're making quite the pre study effort before posting here. can you exit now pls. this thread is asking for live work and you don't get to be a skeptic if you aren't bringing live work to be ran.

Here's one team, a live work example underway.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would help your case if you posted before, after, and then months/years after photos. Along with if husbandry changed, if chemicals were dosed, or if additional rip cleans were performed on the tank.

You have the before and right after down, but I have not seen where you have posted the months/years latter photos with corresponding tank history.

@ChrisPPolys in order to vet the information anyone posts on this site, select their avatar then select find all posts and you can uncover primary motivations really well

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would help your case if you posted before, after, and then months/years after photos. Along with if husbandry changed, if chemicals were dosed, or if additional rip cleans were performed on the tank.

You have the before and right after down, but I have not seen where you have posted the months/years latter photos with corresponding tank history.
That’s exactly what I asked for now he’s throwing a temper tantrum similar to what you’d see when baby sitting my 5 year old niece.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

what work have either of you done that I get see, to give you the ability to make a counter call to my stated best procedure?

so, rip cleaning is something that doesn't get enough credit...it guides many tanks

repeat: we click on avatar

we select find all posts

we do our own work to trace out rip clean tanks as good skeptics do. we compile an excel report on what we've found, as a big 'outing'

and in the meantime, produce no actual tank transfer or invasion works at all, using any method, at all.

when I click Chris' find all threads, I can see the scope of what's occurring.

our thread grows weekly with rip clean examples, that's how it always goes down. the actual work logs don't matter, having any actual personal work logs as an evaluation basis never actually matters to web critics.

you know a better way, I get it.

Last edited:

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
click on the avatar of anyone on the site

select find all posts, what patterns stand out in the reading

you get answers fast

can we please get some work jobs here

meaning: can you find a friend online here who's having trouble with their nano reef, send them here willing to work a manual cleaning, and we track their outcome? that's the goal of this thread, live time work jobs
You’re supposed to be the expert on the subject. Hence my question.
Again, a simple no would suffice. As it seems you have no follow up pictures bRaNdOn

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

what work have either of you done that I get see, to give you the ability to make a counter call to my stated best procedure?
Man I’m literally laughing my butt off listening to your responses.
Have a good day buddy!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back