Custom Stand for Fusion Lagoon 25

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just purchased the all in one nano tank from innovative marine; the Fusion Lagoon 25.
The stand that goes with it costs more than the actual tank so I decided to try and build something
simplistic that will function as a stand. The tank is 24 inches across and 20 inches deep so it is a pretty large footprint.

My idea was to make two squares using 2x12s and then I am going to use dowels and a sheet of plywood on top and on the bottom. Possibly on the sides as well. The center will likely stay hollow unless I decide to put some shelves up.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated because I do not know much about would working!
The rendering I did is below:
Hope its easy to understand!
stand w:o plywood front 1.jpg
stand w:o plywood front 3.jpg
stand w:o plywood seperated.jpg
stand w:o plywood side 1.jpg
 
I wouldn't build the stand this way, there's nothing stopping horizontal movement. You'd be better off building a 2x4 frame and then covering it with plywood if that's what you want on the outside.
 
Yes I used the stand calculator that a lot of people use. Only problem is I don't have a chop/miter saw. I think Home Depot will cut them for me though. Think they'll cut all 16 2x4s?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new