Custom Stand for Fusion Lagoon 25

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just purchased the all in one nano tank from innovative marine; the Fusion Lagoon 25.
The stand that goes with it costs more than the actual tank so I decided to try and build something
simplistic that will function as a stand. The tank is 24 inches across and 20 inches deep so it is a pretty large footprint.

My idea was to make two squares using 2x12s and then I am going to use dowels and a sheet of plywood on top and on the bottom. Possibly on the sides as well. The center will likely stay hollow unless I decide to put some shelves up.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated because I do not know much about would working!
The rendering I did is below:
Hope its easy to understand!
stand w:o plywood front 1.jpg
stand w:o plywood front 3.jpg
stand w:o plywood seperated.jpg
stand w:o plywood side 1.jpg

20LogR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't build the stand this way, there's nothing stopping horizontal movement. You'd be better off building a 2x4 frame and then covering it with plywood if that's what you want on the outside.

OP
OP
Bryan47

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I used the stand calculator that a lot of people use. Only problem is I don't have a chop/miter saw. I think Home Depot will cut them for me though. Think they'll cut all 16 2x4s?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back