Customer comments

SantaMonica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1,193
Location
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
What state or country do you live in
Utah
rain4 comments.JPG


"Had great success with a surf8x on my 650 and have a new system I bought a RAIN4 scrubber for!" -- Stephen Offutt, Richmond, Indiana, USA

"I have a Rain4 on my 130gal. mixed reef with just a few small fish. I feed a big pinch of flakes and a pinch of pellets per day. My Rain4 lights run 18 hours/day, with only 1 light on each side. At that rate, every week I pull out a big double handful of nice green algae. My phosphates are 0.0, and nitrates are 0.3ppm. So it works great! And then with only 2 lights burning for 13 hours/day, cleaned once per week, has reduced my nutrients in my 140 gal reef to practically 0" -- Arch Getty, Santa Monica, California.

"Best investment I’ve made for my marine aquarium" -- Mark Lait, Melville, Western Australia

"I’ve just installed the Rain4 on my 4 year old mixed reef tank. Very happy with it so far" -- Ross Thomas

"The quality is top notch I love it" -- Bobby Le, Anaheim, California, USA

"I have two RAIN4 units on a 500g customer system, and they blow the competitor's scrubbers away (which are copied from Santa Monica's original design from 2008) with how easy the Rain is to service weekly. The Rain's are growing tons of algae each. I believe that scrubbers are a godsend to aquariums, and I won't have a customer account without one" -- Kevin Kenstler, Reef Solutions, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"I’ve used different ATS and refugium setups (and other approaches) over the years to control nitrates and phosphates while limiting the need for water changes. Any of the approaches can work, but the RAIN scrubbers from Santa Monica Filtration are my new favorite by far" -- Terrp on the R2R site

"My setup is SUPER SILENT with the RAIN4 running" -- Deven ReefDudes, Canada.

"I'm from Singapore, and im a repeat and regular customer of Santa Monica, i’ve bought 2 units of Surf4 & air pumps back in 2014, and purchased another Surf4 last year in July, now will try Rain 4 for my 5 footer" -- Raymond Teo, Singapore

"My system is 8.5 months old. Started from day one using the rain4 scrubber. I modified it to fit a particular sump I wanted to use for this build. Total system volume is about 290 gallons. This system is a maintenance free tank(s) other than the typical dosing, cleaning socks and cleaning my rain every few weeks. In the beginning I did have to dose nutrients into the system on top of the 3 heavy feedings I've always given it. I have two tanks that share the one sump that is plumbed through the wall into a closet where I keep the frag tank. To this date I've never done a water change and I've never cleaned the display nor the sump, except for scraping the glass once a week to remove biofilm that accumulates. I have slacked on adding coral due to various reasons. Other than the birds nest in the center that I added as a little over a fist size colony most other corals were little nubs of 1/2" or so given to me by friends. This is my third personal system I've build using a Santa Monica scrubber. I've built dozens for other people though and all have been very successful. The design and engineering of the Rain base plate makes this such a versatile setup. Combined with the lights inside the hood, is a no brainer" -- Aaron Gray, Navarre, Florida, USA.
 
General and SLIP.7 customer comments

General:

"I have a santa Monica ats and really enjoy it. I've been doing skimmerless tanks for several years with cryptic areas. The ats has really helped knock out a few patches of persistent cyano" -- Aquadude1 on R2R

"I use to run a old Santa Monica HOG scrubber and it worked awesome in my 120 mixed reef that i HAD up and running for over 15 years. Every month is was filled with green algae which was an amazing" -- FLsharkvictim on the R2R site

"IMHO the Santa Monica scrubbers are worth it. No need to complain about the price if you’re getting a piece of top of the line equipment with top of the line performance. I have a few friends with the Santa Monica rain systems and they are always raving about them" -- 45zoagarden on the R2R site

"You guys pioneered the algae scrubber scene" -- Moe Kayed on youtube

"Love your algae scrubbers" -- Albert Thiel

"The Santa Monica HOG units don't have any splashing and are extremely easy to take out to clean" -- Olysi on the UR site.

"I have an algae scrubber from Santa Monica hanging on my sump glass and since I put it my brown hair algae disappeared and has not come back since, honestly I don't do much maintenance to it until I see that the bubble hole is not sending air bubbles out and I can tell is time to clean it. Don't forget cheaper is not always good and very expensive is not always the best. The best is what really works for you and others without braking the bank" -- Javier Leon on the RC site

SLIP.7 model:

"I run one of these, it's great for all-in-ones!" -- Reef Management LLC on FB

"Loving my Santa Monica algae scrubber in my 28 gal waterbox all in one tank!!! Actually have to does nitrate and feed more to keep .08 phosphate and 5 to 10 nitrate! No algae in main display I'm actually starting to worry about my clean up crew lol " -- Glen Andrew Varza on FB

"Growing well. Reduced the algae in the DT tremendously" -- Debra DePinto, Navarre, Florida, USA

####



comments.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new