Cute or No?

Do you like the look of Pajama Cardinalfish?

  • Yep!

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Nope, but I'd still get one!

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Nope!

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other (Please explain in the comments).

    Votes: 2 18.2%

  • Total voters
    11

AlyciaMarie

Official R2R Hype Girl
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2024
Messages
5,770
Reaction score
15,439
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vivid memory of going to an LFS with my dad as a young kid and him saying, "Pick one fish you want". I was pumped! I carefully investigated each tank, looking for the most colorful or the cutest fish I could find. Towards the end of my search, I came across the tank full of Cardinalfish. Pajama and Banngai Cardinals to be exact. I knew that I had to get one of them! Not because I thought they were even remotely cute or colorful, but because I thought they were so ugly that no one would buy them, and I wanted them to go to a good home. We went home with a Pajama Cardinalfish that day. 😂

Still today, although I think they are a great fit for a lot of tanks, I don't care much for how Pajama and Banngai Cardinalfish look. But I would still get them because I did come to realize they are pretty cool little fish to watch. What do you think of Pajama Cardinal fish?

That PJ Cardinalfish staring at me through the glass 20 years ago:
Danish Film Leah GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival
 
Voted: Other.
I don't know about cute, but maybe interesting? It looks like somebody at the fish factory messed up and glued the front and back of two different models together. With unlimited space I'd probably have them, but they're not high on my list. Banggai Cardinals, on the other hand, I had to have one.
 
Voted: Other.
I don't know about cute, but maybe interesting? It looks like somebody at the fish factory messed up and glued the front and back of two different models together. With unlimited space I'd probably have them, but they're not high on my list. Banggai Cardinals, on the other hand, I had to have one.
Yes, certainly interesting! And I have to agree, I love Banggai Cardinals. We had a few of those in the tank I grew up around.
 
I have always liked the way they look!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new