Cutting a Large Rose Leather???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pepcrylic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pepcrylic

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
361
Reaction score
170
Location
Utopia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large Rose Leather. Approx 14'' in diam.
I plan to place it in a separate isolated system, then cut about 2'' off the entire exterior rim. Then cut that circle into smaller frags.
Question is what is the best tool to cut it with? How long should the leather remain in the isolation tank? Will it harm the leather if I were to cut that much off?
 
I cut a 4''x 2'' section off one of my leathers at one point but not that extreme of a haircut. I used a hobby knife with a razor sharp blade.
 
Pic? Curious to see a rose leather.
 
P1020259.JPG
 
I've cut big pieces off of regular sarcophytons and lobophytum sp. before, but never one like that.
I would assume it would be as resilient as a regular toadstool, but would be afraid to cut into one as great looking as that one.
I suppose I would try a new fish fillet knife.
I would also look for long hobby knife blades.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new