Cutting Mushroom

hi ,how big? base and side attached to rock? would not do if molting.
 
This pic is from 6 months ago when I removed everything and added a clean up crew while I cured my rocking would say from bottom to right under the head is about 6-7 inches. I have a bacterial boom so lights were run very little which caused it to grow very tall. Its attached to the rock and has been for 2 years. Only thing other than my clown to survive. Lost about 400 bucks worth of coral and 100 bucks worth of fish. Finally getting to the point where I am going to add my rock back but I need to remove this rock. So he needs to be moved to a newer rock.
 

Attachments

  • 20200729_130730.jpg
    20200729_130730.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 49
hi,i think hammer and chisel ,instead of cutting,chip out divot below him,then no worries about cutting or reattaching :) use safety glasses
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new