Cutting my Kung Pow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leadfooted
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
2,135
Reaction score
3,118
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My (small) grow out needs to be cut and fragged but I don't have a saw. I do have a dremal tool but not sure if that's safe, and which type of blade to use. I could just take piers/hand cutters to it but I'm trying to keep it clean and cause the least damage possible. Any guidance is appreciated!
 
Personally I use bone cutters on montis

In my experience using a saw or dremel gets to hot and can hurt the coral just my 2 cents thou but if was my coral I'd use bone cutter or garden pruners
 
Hoping to get 4 frags, one to keep, 3 to move.
773413D0-5B31-452D-A950-50E61E070F98.jpeg
 
Thanks Bro. Pick a number for me
581868A9-B862-48DF-A05A-1C4925387E23.jpeg
I've never used 2 but I'd use three I fell like they dont crush the coral as much.

I saw u were trying to get four frag of it this method is a lot more of a chance of not getting the exact cuts u want but I think overall is better for the coral.
 
Thanks, sounds like a good call, even if I only get 2-3 frags, we'll see. I use the #2 above for Hammers, branching corals mostly but it'll also snip the stem off a frag plug nicely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new