Cyano and Spurulina, wait, what!

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,058
Location
Bermuda Triangle
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have learned something new since being on r2r recently. That I might have spirulina? Which I thought was blue green cyano. Its on my sand bed. It makes the sand hard in patches. I have had it a while now and I usually syphon some out during water changes.
How can I defeat it? I have never even heard of it except for it being in my frozen mysis?
I have no other algae in my tank. Params
Cal 425
Alk 8.4
Mag 1400
Potas 400
No3 0
Po4 0
S.G. 1025
Tanks 5 years old sps system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new