OP
OP
C

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K. you will likely find that the aragonite holds and releases lots of phosphate even after your water P level is way down.
It will slowly come to equilibrium, but there's a lot of bound phosphate between here and there.
I certainly believe that. I think my rocks are holding a lot of phosphate too. In addition to carbon dosing, which really only seems to reduce NO3, I occasionally dose Phosphate Rx. It always rebounds, but the peaks seem to be coming down. My peaks now seem to be around 1 a couple weeks after dosing. I understand I need to have some phosphates for the carbon dosing to lower nitrates, so I have not been very aggressive with the phosphates.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump!

I am dosing vinegar to keep NO3 down but caused a crazy cyano bloom. Also dosing vibrant, reef flux for hair algae and LaCl for PO4. When would be the right time to try chemi clean? Should I wait until PO4 is low? Is dosing vinegar just going to bring the cyano back?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump!

I am dosing vinegar to keep NO3 down but caused a crazy cyano bloom. Also dosing vibrant, reef flux for hair algae and LaCl for PO4. When would be the right time to try chemi clean? Should I wait until PO4 is low? Is dosing vinegar just going to bring the cyano back?

Bump! Does carbon dosing just bring cyano?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back