Cyano Every Time I Dose Reef Energy

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why this is? Every time I've dosed Reef Energy (and recently KZ Coral Vitalizer), I get cyano patches. It seems directly correlated.

All my parameters seem to be in good shape, and I don't have other nuisance algae.

NO3: 3
PO4: .03
ALK: 8
CAL: 420
MAG: 1400
SG: 1.026

hsn izd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi my params look good too but i have cyans
the best way for reducing them is to have a nassarius snail i have 2 in my 12 gal they help so much

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi my params look good too but i have cyans
the best way for reducing them is to have a nassarius snail i have 2 in my 12 gal they help so much
Well, it's only on the rocks, and my nassarius only seem to stay in the sand bed. I have 4 or 5 in my 40B.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what? Now that I'm doing some more research, it sounds like it could be due to my acropower dosing. Has anyone experience cyano with acropower? Maybe I'll cut the dose down.

hsn izd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh well if it's on rock your best choice is going to be turbo snails I tried that and worked for me
but be sure to don't buy too much cause they poop a lot they are like pooping machines I have 2 in my 12 gals they take good care of cleaning

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh well if it's on rock your best choice is going to be turbo snails I tried that and worked for me
but be sure to don't buy too much cause they poop a lot they are like pooping machines I have 2 in my 12 gals they take good care of cleaning
I have like 10 haha Thanks, though.

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Copy pasting my answer to another thread a few minutes ago :)
”I’ve seen many people reporting that after dosing Amino acids, cyano bacteria started to show up.
Normally the reports are rather similar: tank not mature enough or not heavily stocked with corals yet...”

Similar rule also apply for KZ Coral Vitalizer (see Zeovit forum). That’s also one of the thinks that is recommended to stop in case of cyano.

Apparently, if your tank is not stocked enough you run the risk of feeding the cyano with this supplement... again, for these cases that I mentioned above, seems plausible the correlation.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back