Cyano growth on birdsnest

dannobiocube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a year old birdsnest . I started as 1/2 frag and is now the the size of a plum. I have one problem with it that I can not solve. It has green and red cyano growing from some of its tips. It the only place in the tank cyano is visible. About a month ago I moved it so it could get more flow from a circulation pump , hoping the increased flow would deter current and future cyano. Any other ideas?

8 year old tank, nitrate 20, phosphate 0, ph 8.2,

CE73163E-0376-4ACF-A8E8-1E5D9E7CFF7F.jpeg

Luciferene

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the photo, but if it's small enough I'd try fragging off the affected area. Or remove and scrub it if you're able.

I occasionally see algae growing if there's exposed birdsnest skelton and they never subside on their own and sometimes slowly spread if it can kill neighboring healthy tissue. If it can't, it just stays like that for as long as I leave it.

OP
OP
D

dannobiocube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the photo, but if it's small enough I'd try fragging off the affected area. Or remove and scrub it if you're able.

I occasionally see algae growing if there's exposed birdsnest skelton and they never subside on their own and sometimes slowly spread if it can kill neighboring healthy tissue. If it can't, it just stays like that for as long as I leave it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back