Cyano

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sorry bud, looks like Dinos to me and not Cyano.

Nitrifying bacteria won't lower your nitrates. Nitrates are the end of the chain, and will stay in your water until used up by algae, coral, water changes, etc.
Nutrients up a bit and microbacter 7 are great. I wouldn't worry about the overdose you did.

Copepods might help if you don't have many, but I think this is debated.

It will take weeks to go away once the nutrients are up, just an FYI.


Also, this really doesn't look too bad as far as dinos go. I wish I wasn't so ashamed of my tank to take pictures when I had them really bad, otherwise I could show you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new