Cyanobacteria After Dinos: What Direction

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I had a porocentrum dino outbreak about a month ago. I've since increased my nutrients and got am explosion of cyano. My phosphates got a little out of control and hit .22. I've since decreased them back to .1. I was wondering what others have done after this. Did you wait out the cyano or export as much out as you can? Nitrates are 10ppm. I'm doing phyto daily, silicates weekly and peroxide daily.

I've been through dinos before and never had this huge outbreak of cyano. I had a little here and there, but nothing like it is now. I'd say about 80% coverage on the parts not covered by corals.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
siphon what you can to help reduce and beat.

you can use @SunnyX's guide:

OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manual removal is about it! DO NOT use chemiclean or expect a dino outbreak again! It’s becoming very common to use chemiclean then experience a dino outbreak.
I try to avoid most chemicals to be honest. I just wanted to see if dinos appeared on the rocks when you syphon off the cyano.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 49 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 50 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back