Cyanobacteria and Green Hair Algae

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry meant to say that gha will look like a chea pet.

I think you have Dino’s from the pics, only thing missing are the tiny bubbles in it. Here’s another test. Does the stuff on the glass clean off easily? Try a turkey Baster and see if it blows off. Dino’s form very fast. You can blow off yor rock and glass and make things look fairly good only to find the next day it’s all back again.

OP
OP
NikoO

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it does clean off easily but returns shortly after. Crap!

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say Dino’s then.

When I had Dino’s I treated the tank with hydrogen peroxide. Can’t remember the dose but I had no bad affects on any corals. It took 2 weeks to completely clear up and I did a lot of blowing off the rocks and sucking up the snot with a baster. I would just squirt the baster into filter floss so I didn’t need to worry about loosing water, then just trash the floss.

This stuff has a bad reputation for good reason but it can be beaten.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do not disturb rocks which are working for you. I would recommend a temporary reduction in lighting and a reduction in feeding. Mainly, I recommend a sea hare which will clean this mess up in a few short days. They are like algae vacuums. When algae is gone, supplement it with algae sheets.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.5%
Back