Cycle Restarted?

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been cycling for 3 weeks now. I thought I was almost done as ammonia was at 0ppm for almost a week and nitrite was almost around 0.2. I added about 2ppm ammonia yesterday to see if it would reduce to zero today, but my tests after 23 hours show ammonia is actually 2ppm. Nitrite amd nitrate also increased. What may have happened?

Last edited:

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pretty common occurrence :) Would you be able to provide a little bit more information about how you started your cycle? First, did you start with live rock, dry rock, a mix (and if so, what percent of each)? Additionally, how did you start your cycle (bacteria from a bottle, a dead shrimp, piece of live rock, etc.)?

Thanks!

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pretty common occurrence :) Would you be able to provide a little bit more information about how you started your cycle? First, did you start with live rock, dry rock, a mix (and if so, what percent of each)? Additionally, how did you start your cycle (bacteria from a bottle, a dead shrimp, piece of live rock, etc.)?

Thanks!
I used dry rock (caribsea liferock). I used Dr. Tim’s one and only as well as their ammonia. I just purchased a bottle of fritz turbo start coming Tuesday to hopefully help my cycle finish faster.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back